CIT Cork School of Music will reopen to students on Monday 14th September 2020.
The building will remain closed to the General Public.
One-to-one lessons begin on September 14th
Musicianship Classes begin on September 21st
Pianolab Classes begin on September 28th
Degree Classes (Year 2/3/4) begin on September 21st
Degree Classes (incoming 1st years) begin on October 5th
All of our degree courses will have blended delivery, with most theoretical whole-class lectures delivered remotely. Small class groups, practical/lab classes and instrumental lessons will be delivered on campus. Students can expect to be in the School across the full week, depending on their elective choices and instrument specialism.
- Face masks must be worn around the building. This is CIT policy. Face visors are not a substitute for a face mask.
- We ask you to adhere to all current government guidelines especially coughing/sneezing etiquette, maintain physical distancing, regular hand hygiene, etc.
- Do not attend if you have any Covid-19 Symptoms. Do not attend If you have been in contact with anyone who has tested positive or who is awaiting test results. Do not attend if you are in 14-day self-isolation due to travel, etc.
- Everyone entering the building is asked to sanitise their hands at the available stations near the entrance. There are several sanitisers throughout the building and students should sanitise their hands before and after lessons/classes.
- There is a one-way system in operation on stairways and corridors where feasible, and we would ask everyone to abide by this, and observe the signs.
- The lifts are limited to one person (or persons from the same family) – do not enter the lift if there is someone already present, moving to another floor.
- Parents are asked to bring their child to their lesson/class, ensure they have used the toilet facilities before class, and washed and sanitised their hands, and then leave the building, returning to collect their child after the lesson/class. Parents and guardians will not be allowed remain in the communal areas of the building for the forseeable future.
- All students and parents with smart phones are asked to download and use the Covid App.